Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rasta Gnome



This character is for an animation class that we are doing a short film in. Concepts done in Photoshop in about 10 hours. (Far right not quite done.)

The top image is the character in progress. I have adapted Zbrush now fully into my work flow and I never want to go back to Maya for organic characters like this again. I started out sculpting him in Zbrush and retopologized him. Then I brought him back into Maya for some touch up and unwrapping. Finally I brought him back into Zbrush for a high polly sculpt. I just had a pretty successfull normal map bake yesterday. All that's left is some touch up on that and texture painting. With this work flow I have gotten a character that is in my opinion beyond anything I have done in regards to topology and just the look of the model itself so I am pretty excited. Programs used are Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and Headus UV Layout.

No comments: